I have decided to try and organise a BBQ. With this in mind I have fitted a parasol ring into my wipe clean outdoor tablecloth in the hope that the umbrella will be needed to keep off the sun and not the rain. I am keeping a keen eye on the weather to see when the big event can take place. My husband David has volunteered to take charge of the cooking so you would think that we were all systems go. However, then one of my friends reminded me of the following BBQ routine.
When a man volunteers to do the Barbecue, the following chain of events is put into motion:
1) The woman buys the food.
2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand telling barbeque jokes
Here comes the important part:
4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
5) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.
7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.
9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all: barbeque jokes
10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off.' And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women....
Does this ring true with anybody?
I do hope you have time to get out in the Garden this summer and have some fun. Enjoy the sun and fine food. Why not consider brightening up your outside space with a lovely new wipe clean tablecloth and if you are optimistic fit a parasol hole ring.